A festival to celebrate our diverse backgrounds through a walk, live music, dance, debate, world food & free workshops.
ON THE STAGE
A bunch of Brissie mates who formed a band, Shag Rock play chilled, catchy songs that make the perfect soundtrack for a road trip to the beach.
Check out their latest single.
Buena Vista Turro Martinez
FREE WORKSHOPS & ACTIVITIES
- Hip-Hop Writing and Production with Mantist
- Bollywood Dancing
- Circus Skills
- Jumping Castle Obstacle Course
- and more...
WALK & WIN
Everyone has a story and we want you to swap yours during the Walk In Our Shoes Youth Festival.
To celebrate our diversity, you'll be randomly matched with a new friend and encouraged to share your stories during a short walk around Yeronga Park.
Registered walk participants will go in the draw to win an iPhone SE.
- Attend the Walk In Our Shoes Youth Festival at Yeronga Park on Thursday June 29.
- Register for the walk and get your wristband before 11.30am.
- Participate in the walk, sharing your story and listening to your randomly matched partner.
- Be present for the random lucky draw at the official ceremony following the walk.
How to get to the festival
Yeronga Memorial Park can be accessed from Park, School and Ipswich roads.
Once at the park, follow the paths or road into the heart of the space where you will find all the activity happening.
The park is within easy walking distance from Yeronga Train station, which is on the Beenleigh train line, and bus stops on Ipswich Road.